Sunday, May 12, 2013

I've Caught the Bug.

“Often when students travel abroad, they get “the bug” or find themselves itching to go somewhere else, because they enjoy taking international journeys so much. While you are probably excited to go back home and see your family and friends, is there more international travel on the horizon for you? If so, where, and in what capacity?”

I think it’s pretty obvious that I’ve caught a bad case of the travel bug. Well, good for me as far as cultural experiences go but very bad for my bank account. Anyway, this semester, I’ve had the privilege of visiting eight different countries and exploring so much of Europe that I may never have seen without having the wonderful opportunity to study abroad. I’m already planning out more countries that I want to visit when I come back someday. In fact, the next time I’ll be back to Europe will be this upcoming January when I go to Italy for three weeks for my intersession class at W&J. I’ll be traveling with my advisor, along with other students, and studying Italian culture and cuisine. I’m so excited because I’ll be able to see more of Italy and revisit some of the cities I saw this semester. 

After Italy, I’m not sure when exactly my next international travel experience will be. There’s been talk within my family about taking another trip to Europe after I graduate next spring (as a graduation gift for me and my sister, since she’ll be graduating high school the same time I’ll be finishing undergrad). The European places that are still on my bucket list are Prague, Amsterdam, Switzerland, and Germany for sure; although I would absolutely love to revisit any of the countries I saw this semester and I'm always open to new suggestions, too! Plus I've already decided that I’m definitely coming back to Sevilla someday very soon as well. It’s my home away from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment